Registration Details and FAQs
Please read the following carefully before registering for the workshop. Registration is mandatory for
all participants of the workshop (except students and faculty members of IIT Kanpur). The following will
give information on accommodation, registration fee, and student grants.
ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM
- Please read this page carefully before filling out the registration form.
- The registration form is an online form, for which the URL is given below.
There are various options for accommodation while attending iWML 2016.
Some suggested hotels in Kanpur. The workshop organizers cannot help participants book rooms at these places.
Any bookings will have to be made by participants themselves.
We have procured a limited number of VH A/C and CC-II A/C rooms for our participants. Interested
participants who have not registered may avail of these rooms by indicating the same in their registration forms.
We have a limited number of AC and non/AC rooms available for the duration of the workshop (twin-sharing basis) on IIT campus
which we will be glad to offer participants upon payment on a first-come-first-serve basis.
| VH || Air Conditioned (twin sharing) || INR 550 per night |
| CC-II || Air Conditioned (twin sharing) || INR 150 per night |
+ nominal bedding charges
| VHX || Non Air Conditioned (twin sharing) || INR 150 per night|
A few noteworthy points
- The cost of accommodation has to be borne by the participants themselves.
- We cannot offer participants check-ins earlier than June 30th, 2016 and participants should check out on or before July 4, 2016.
- Check-in times are 12 noon. Check-out times are 11 AM.
- (Disclaimers) The following disclaimers hold with respect to on-campus accommodation.
- This accommodation is on a first come first served basis and will be given on a twin-sharing basis.
- We will make every possible effort to provide accommodation to all participants on IIT campus.
- Accommodation inside IIT Kanpur is not guaranteed, as we only have limited places available in the institute Visitor's Hostel.
- We cannot guarantee accommodation of your choice. If we run out of accommodation of the type chosen by you, we will be glad to offer you accommodation of the other type.
- We will only be able to guarantee rooms to people who register early and send us their registration fees by online bank transfer
or a demand draft by June 20th, 2016.
The table of registration fees is given below. Please note that for registrations made after June 20th, we may not be able to provide on-campus accommodation.
| || Early registration || On-site registration |
| Students || INR 1200 || INR 1500 |
| Non-students academic affiliation || INR 2500 || INR 3000 |
| Non-students non-academic affiliation || INR 2500 + 15% S.T. = INR 2875 || INR 3000 + 15% S.T. = INR 3450 |
S.T. = Service Tax. Please note that for non-students whose affiliation is not an academic institution, new Government of India rules dicate an imposition of 15% service tax. A few other noteworthy points
- We will be able to confirm your accommodation only after we receive your registration fees.
- (For Sponsor Representatives) If you are registering as a representative of an iWML 2016 sponsor, please use the codes provided by us to register. Please note that only one person can register using a particular code.
- (Payment Modes) The various payment modes are
- Early registration: online bank transfer, demand draft
- Late (on-site) registration: cash payment, on-site bank deposit.
- (Payment by Online transfer) If you have made an online bank transfer, please enter your online transfer details including reference number, date and time of transfer, name of account holder in your registration form. This is to enable us to link back your payment to your registration.
- (Payment by demand draft) If you have sent us a demand draft, please write the demand draft number and issuing bank name in the registration form. Your demand drafts should reach us no later than June 20th, 2016 to allow us to guarantee accommodation to you on campus.
Details for Online Bank Transfer
Bank Name: State Bank of India, IIT Kanpur
Account Name: INDIAN WORKSHOP ON MACHINE LEARNING-2016
Account Number: 35782215100
Bank Name: State Bank of India
Branch Name: IIT Kanpur
Bank Address: State Bank of India, IIT Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India 208016.
SWIFT Code: SBININBB499, IFSC Code: SBIN0001161, MICR Code: 208002041.
Postal Address for Sending Demand Drafts
2nd Indian Workshop on Machine Learning
Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh, India, 208 016
Student Travel and Registration Grants
We have a few grants available to support student travel and waive registration fees. If you wish to apply for these grants, please mention the same on your registration form.
- Only participants who are full time students at a registered university are eligible for these grants.
- Preference will be given to students who are presenting papers at the workshop.
- The number and choice of awards will be at the discretion of the organizing committee and will be final.
- We may award both travel and registration grants to some students and only one of the two or none to others.
- Travel grants will be in the form of reimbursements for 2AC or equivalent train fare from point of origin to Kanpur and back.
- Travel grants will be given to the student at the workshop itself upon production of original train tickets.
- All students have to pay the registration fees and attend the workshop in order to be eligible for the grants.
- No advance money will be given to students -- all grants will be in form of reimbursements.